Create an account  

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Stretchpilot1 1st Staff Application

PART ONE—PERSONAL INFORMATION

Username: stretchpilot1

Current in-game /nick: Stretch

Past Username(s) (any usernames you had before your current in-game name):
I have not had any past usernames.

Age: I am currently 13 but I turn 14 in less than 2 months.

Time zone/Country: United States, EST

What rank are you on the server?
Commander

How long have you been playing on Noctus?
I have been playing on Noctus since March 10th, 2018.

Discord Username: Stretchpilot1#3390

PART TWO -- QUESTIONNAIRE 
(Please be as detailed as possible when answering these questions).

If you HAVE been staff on the server before, specify what position you were, and why you resigned/got demoted:
I have never been staff on this server.

Specify what times of the day you WILL be online; if you have school please provide a schedule for when you can be online during your term:
Sunday: 12pm-6:15 (break for dinner) 7pm-9pm
Monday: 3pm-5:30pm (break for dinner) 6:15pm-9pm
Tuesday: 3pm-5pm (break for dinner) 6:30pm-9pm
Wednesday: 3pm-5pm (break for dinner) 6pm-9pm
Thursday: 3pm-5:30pm (break for dinner) 6:30-9pm
Friday: 3pm- 5pm (break for dinner) 6:30-2am (2am Saturday)
Saturday: 10am-2am (2am on Sunday)

Side note: I do have some after school chorus rehearsals and concerts that will make me unable to play at some times, if accepted I will provide a schedule for when I have to stay after school.

What are your qualifications for being a staff member on Noctus? (Examples- past server experience, qualifications from job experience, etc.).
Respectful
I live by the golden rule "treat others how you want to be treated" and have loved by it for as long as I can remember. Being respectful is my number one priority no matter what mood I'm in. I always treat people with the same amount of respect I want them to treat me with.
Get along well with others
I love meeting new people and getting to know them. No matter what is going on in my life I love to continue meeting new people and making their day hopefully a little bit better. Getting along well with others is one of the most essential things to be a staff member. If you can't get along well with the players how are you supposed to staff? I love talking with the people that play the server and hope to continue doing so for a long time!
Fair
Being fair is essential to being a good staff member on any server. When there is an issue, you can't just listen to one side of the story and ignore the other side. You have to listen to both side and sort out fact from fiction about what happened. Assuming the first thing you hear isn't fair to anybody and will make you look bad. I like to listen to both sides of the story and go between the people having the issue to figure out exactly what happened. After I make sure I am being fair I will continue on with what needs to be done.
I have a playful side
Being too serious all the time isn't good. People will start to think you are really strict and nobody wants to play on an extremely strict server. I like to throw in some sarcasm or a joke here or there so things aren't so serious all the time. 
Helpful
I love to help. I have always loved answering questions to the best of my ability. Whenever someone has an issue I try to answer and if my first answer wasn't what they were looking for I keep helping until they solve their issue/I answer their question. I love to help do anything that needs done. I long to help if I go without helping for too long.
Mature
I am very mature. I learn from any mistakes I make and try my hardest to not make them again. I handle situations by staying calm and not freaking out on anyone. If I ever need any help I ask for someone to hop on and help me out.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year. How did you deal with it? What did you learn? (It can be Minecraft related or a real life experience).
About a month ago I did something I shouldn't have done. My mom was out working late so I was in charge of making dinner, cleaning up after everything, taking care of my sister, and not having the house be super chaotic while she was gone. I did everything I was supposed to until the end. My sister had went to the bathroom on herself and I felt it wasn't my job to handle that, instead of communicating with my mom to see what she wanted me to do I didn't do anything at all. My moms boyfriend got home (I'll call him Jake) and was upset because I didn't communicate with anybody. I told him it wasn't my job to be her mother and walked off upset. Soon after I decided to separate myself because my brothers kept teasing me about what happened that night. I went outside in 30 degree weather without shoes, socks, a jacket, and I was practically freezing to death outside. Nobody could find me although I was only sitting outside. My mom got really worried that something had happened to me and started freaking out looking for me. In turn when I came back inside almost frozen I was in a lot of trouble. I got my phone and laptop taken away for about a week so I could learn what I did wrong. At the time I didn't understand why it was such a big deal. In the end we concluded it was just a big communication error, we all said our apologies, and went on with life. I learned that when I'm upset I need to communicate for my own safety. Communication is a big part of life and at that time I lacked a lot of communication causing stuff that could have been avoided to happen. I know now how important it is to communicate when you need a break/are upset and I haven't had any communication issues since.

***[Enter the question posed to you by the Staff Manager(s) in your previous application]. ***

PART THREE-- SCENARIOS
(Please use as much detail as possible when answering these questions).

A new player logs onto the server and asks the question, ‘What is the best way to make money?’ How do you respond?
I would first ask them what they would like to do on the server most. After I gather some information on what they like to do I would explain the best way to earn money that will interest them. (Ex. Coffee: What is the best way to earn money? Me: What would you most have fun doing on the server? I can tell you what the best way to make money is by what you prefer to do. Coffee: I like to farm a lot. Me: There are multiple ways to make money off of farming. One way is to use the job plugin and use the farmer job. You can join the job and you will earn money while you can farm. Another way is you can sell the crops you grow in ./shop and earn money that way.)
If said player doesn't really have any interests and just wants a quick way to make some money I would suggest selling things in ./shop and using the jobs. I would explain the different jobs and what I have found to make the most money and explain how to sell things on the shop.

Player ‘X’ contacts you and accuses Player ‘Z’ of using hacks. How do you proceed?
First I would ask player X why they think player Z is hacking. After I get some info on why player X thinks player Z is hacking I would see if I can witness player Z hacking. I would watch what they do for a little bit and if they show no proof of hacking I won't punish anyone but I will ping staff saying to watch out of player Z and I will keep a close watch on player Z. If I find solid proof that player Z in hacking, if at a high enough position, I will follow the guidelines and punish player Z. If I am not at a high enough position to punish player Z I will contact higher staff to come on and handle the situation. After everything id done I will thank player X for reporting the hacking.

What is this server’s definition of ‘spamming in chat’?
Spamming has different definitions.
Char Spam: Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii mmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy nnnnnnnnaaaaaaaammmmmmmmeeeeeee iiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssss ssssssssttttttrrrrrreeeeettttttccccchhhhh...........
Line Spam:Hi
My
Name
Is
Stretch
Normal Spam: snswsndeeioe98uiebuuiisnms,wXBHJDHJX. DHXJDBJ
Caps: HI MY NAME IS STRETCH, NOTICE ME.

Thanks you for taking the time to read my 1st staff application!  Heart

This is literally the BEST EVER staff application I have EVER seen!!! I'm legit speechless!!! You are one of the most trustworthy, friendly, helpful and so many more positive things that I dont know where to start! You are definitely going to have a spot here! Best of luck to you!! +1 - (I ment to click 5 stars but my phone is stupid and cant process things very well, haha. Five Stars w/o a doubt!!)
Admin and MapLead for the
Noctus Network

I love this application! I know that you can do an amazing job being a staff member on Noctus. You are an amazing friend and, what comet said, trustworthy! I hope you get accepted and best of luck to you!

+1

Howdy!! Sorry to bring bad news at such short notice but we need your help!! The Enchanted Onyx stone as been stolen, the only way to get it back is for you to help us!! Take this Helper rank and these unique perks that will help you along the route!! Look out for hackers and rule breakers,  dont be afraid to call for assistance at anytime if needed. Grandma Bee has given you some fresh oven baked cookies for your adventure, along with some other sentimental values that will guide you. Good luck out there! Your application has been marked as Accepted!
Admin and MapLead for the
Noctus Network