Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Abandoned Towns.

I've experimented with random warp names to see if there is anything there. I've actually found quite a few functioning. well thought, pretty towns. The problem is they appear to be abandoned, will the owner ever come back? Has this creative careful building gone to waste?
Well, I thought of a solution. Why not re-sell them to new owners?
After a town owner has been away for 6 months, with no mention to anyone of coming back:
- The town can be auctioned off to the highest bidder
- The town can be sold off for a set price based on how developed it is as judged by a mod of sufficient rank (My personal choice for fairness)
This would effectively reduce, reuse and recycle places on the server leaving other places less likely to be developed instead. Keeping more of that natural block beauty.
Also would help with server lag possibly?
But one more thing should be addressed. In case that person does come back after that long spout of going AWOL, the money raised from the sale of the property should be put in their account(If thats possible to do when they are not online)

I agree +1
============
Staff Member
Long time Player
Videogame Extraordinaire

(01-20-2017, 11:11 PM)Canada1337 Wrote: I've experimented with random warp names to see if there is anything there. I've actually found quite a few functioning. well thought, pretty towns. The problem is they appear to be abandoned, will the owner ever come back? Has this creative careful building gone to waste?
Well, I thought of a solution. Why not re-sell them to new owners?
After a town owner has been away for 6 months, with no mention to anyone of coming back:
- The town can be auctioned off to the highest bidder
- The town can be sold off for a set price based on how developed it is as judged by a mod of sufficient rank (My personal choice for fairness)
This would effectively reduce, reuse and recycle places on the server leaving other places less likely to be developed instead. Keeping more of that natural block beauty.
Also would help with server lag possibly?
But one more thing should be addressed. In case that person does come back after that long spout of going AWOL, the money raised from the sale of the property should be put in their account(If thats possible to do when they are not online)

Good idea I agree.
Could be something good i think :3

Greetings,
It sounds like a great Idea! It surely is something which I would look forward too.
It could be possible to have an auction system instead of staff having to judge each property, with a low set price?
Just a small suggestion :3
Cheers,
Rob

Yeah I love this suggestion!

So, does any of you have a good idea on how to make these auctions? Because we should have some way people could bid on towns Smile And then the highest bidder wins it? Maybe the auction could run for like 10 days or 15 Smile

Any suggestions?

Maybe the auctions can be run here on the forum. A new section just for auctioning. Whatever the town being auctions is, general info about it (like its in-game warp) can be posted in its own topic as well as some pictures of the town, plot size etc. People can comment with what they want to bid, of course if they haven't the money the bid will not count.

(02-27-2017, 07:21 AM)Canada1337 Wrote: Maybe the auctions can be run here on the forum. A new section just for auctioning. Whatever the town being auctions is, general info about it (like its in-game warp) can be posted in its own topic as well as some pictures of the town, plot size etc. People can comment with what they want to bid, of course if they haven't the money the bid will not count.

Yep makes sense. not a plugin but a website address or just a forum thread that has a set layout for bidding to make clear bids and then maybe checked very few days and the highest bidder is given a Shoutout by a staff member..
Allso I think real donators should get like a 20% fee nocked off there winning bid
maybe like $60 donors and above

(02-28-2017, 07:43 AM)bowdyyy Wrote:
(02-27-2017, 07:21 AM)Canada1337 Wrote: Maybe the auctions can be run here on the forum. A new section just for auctioning. Whatever the town being auctions is, general info about it (like its in-game warp) can be posted in its own topic as well as some pictures of the town, plot size etc. People can comment with what they want to bid, of course if they haven't the money the bid will not count.

Yep makes sense. not a plugin but a website address or just a forum thread that has a set layout for bidding to make clear bids and then maybe checked very few days and the highest bidder is given a Shoutout by a staff member..
Allso I think real donators should get like a 20% fee nocked off there winning bid
maybe like $60 donors and above

Again trying to just help yourself with the donator thing. Donators already get perks for purchasing the rank. The "real" donator thing you keep mentioning is concerning, even though someone may not have purchased a rank themselves, someone else  did and gifted that too them, those ranks are still 100% legit. To take everything in the game and offer an advantage to donators only will quickly start to undermine the server and not help with the overall player count. A donation rank has an advantage already with perks like get like fly, money or even a free town. They should typically have more money already in-game unless they manage it poorly or spready themselves too thin. The purpose of the idea is to bring these great towns back to life, cutting down on new towns being being created. Not to undermine the server into becoming too elitist.

(03-01-2017, 03:40 PM)Canada1337 Wrote: I am talking purely about the players that have put money into the server. Not a rank that came of another rank or that was won or anything. The REAL donators.. who have placed money into the owners bank account.
I'm only mentionioning possible upgrades to the donators perk list, considering there was no town auction when the rank was created. I'm only giving suggestion on perks for that.
$60 + is a good amount of money to be donating.
that's like paying for 10 people to have stone rank. Theres on average 20 players online, 2 or 3 of them being staff. so to say that there would only be about 7 players left without. whos online that's a big donation.

The players who have been lucky and given a rank. have NOT HELPED IN ANYWAY!
yes okay there rank shows up when new players join to appear like they have donated.
but they have not helped financially with the server.
therefore not helping keep it running or even gestured any appreciatiation to to the host.
donating is more important then playing.
its playing that's fun part

I may mention donating or donation perks a lot.
that's because I have now seen way too many people who have got ranks they did not pay for. and I want to see them donating.
otherwise think about it...
how long will the server last.
I put $60.. I don't want to see it shutdown.
and its not making it elite or op or whatever youn say. there can only be so many auctions... then take away the donator perks. for future auctions just have an auction.
 but for the release of these auctions donators proper ones, should get some perks. to celebrate the release of a new thing on the server they help run.

(03-01-2017, 07:33 PM)bowdyyy Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 03:40 PM)Canada1337 Wrote: I am talking purely about the players that have put money into the server. Not a rank that came of another rank or that was won or anything. The REAL donators.. who have placed money into the owners bank account.
I'm only mentionioning possible upgrades to the donators perk list, considering there was no town auction when the rank was created. I'm only giving suggestion on perks for that.
$60 + is a good amount of money to be donating.
that's like paying for 10 people to have stone rank. Theres on average 20 players online, 2 or 3 of them being staff. so to say that there would only be about 7 players left without. whos online that's a big donation.

The players who have been lucky and given a rank. have NOT HELPED IN ANYWAY!
yes okay there rank shows up when new players join to appear like they have donated.
but they have not helped financially with the server.
therefore not helping keep it running or even gestured any appreciatiation to to the host.
donating is more important then playing.
its playing that's fun part

I may mention donating or donation perks a lot.
that's because I have now seen way too many people who have got ranks they did not pay for. and I want to see them donating.
otherwise think about it...
how long will the server last.
I put $60.. I don't want to see it shutdown.
and its not making it elite or op or whatever youn say. there can only be so many auctions... then take away the donator perks. for future auctions just have an auction.
 but for the release of these auctions donators proper ones, should get some perks. to celebrate the release of a new thing on the server they help run.
I didn't pay for my rank it was bought for me, but I'm contributing. I just dont want this server to go down a path of elitism. Donations earn good perks, you wouldn't have bought yours if you didnt see the value in it, but it just looks to me like your trying to squeeze more out of it now. 

You need a mix of free and paid players for a server to be successful, the non-paying contribute to the overall player count and keep it alive by showing the server is active. The donations keep the server alive on a more mechanical scale by paying for the hosting itself. If players who donated are given an advantage in every aspect of the game, the non-paying players who maybe cant afford to donate or are too young will start to feel too disadvantaged and find somewhere else to play. This will lower the overall player count which could perhaps make someone in the future who might donate pass over this server for another. 

Bringing in new players is important, whether they donate money, time, or votes every player contributes as a valuable stakeholder in the servers success.

As far as it looks like now, Zoldos has done a great job with the donation perks where it donations still give you some pretty great perks but not so blatantly in your face about it, promoting the server and welcoming new players for the long term.