Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AntiCheat

Lightbulb 
I have a suggestion for the server that could save the staff and players from a world of frustration. Not to be mean but Noctus is a relatively small server, averaging ten people online at a time. This makes the server a HUGE target for hackers, as they like to mess with small servers to annoy the people and staff. I suggest getting some form of anticheat. This will allow the server to have a first line of defense against hackers. You might think that the staff can handle it by themselves, but they seem to be afk %85 of the time, so a hacker could definitely slip past the eyes of the watchful Juicy walrus. There are also hacked clients that allow the user to spam multiple packets to the server, causing cpu overload which can fry the motherboard of the server tower and ultimately shut it down. Of course, this is only in extreme circumstances but it can happen. An anticheat could stop the hacker as soon as the packets start getting sent fast enough to be detected. I have had personal experience with this on a server i used to run, and an anticheat saved the server. (It was private for me and my friends). Please get an anticheat. I love this server and would hate to see it go.  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

We do have a anticheat on noctus, you just won't really notice it unless you actually hack yourself and even then depending on what cheat you use there might not be any indication on your end. You don't have to worry about this as you said the server is small which makes the staffs job easier and catching anyone trying to cheat relatively quickly before they can cause any sort of damage.